Traklabs gives you actionable analytics for your offline media campaigns
Getting analytics from your online advertising is easy. Just track the click. But when someone simply types in your web address there is no click to be tracked. How do you know where they came from? Which of your ad campaigns brought that user to your site?
With Traklabs you can use your own domain for tracking your offline ads. Here’s how it works…
- Buy a domain name, say trybeer.com, and point it at the Traklabs server (just use ns1.traklabs.com and ns2.traklabs.com as your nameservers)
- Log in to Traklabs and associate a campaign, medium & source with trybeer.com
- Tell us where you want Traklabs to redirect visitors to trybeer.com, say beer.com if that is your main website
- Put trybeer.com on your offline advertising campaigns. Print, radio, television, etc.
- Visitors to trybeer.com will be redirected to http://beer.com/?utm_source=Sports Illustrated&utm_medium=Magazines&utm_campaign=Super Bowl
By redirecting trybeer.com to your real website with those Google Analytics parameters appended is where the magic happens. Now you can look at your Google Analytics account and see exactly how many visitors were generated by your Super Bowl campaign in Sports Illustrated.
Some of the technical features of Traklabs…
- A wickedly complicated DNS setup to allow Traklabs to respond to custom domains without manual intervention
- A custom URL shortener, trkk.it
- Recurring billing integration with Chargify